THE GOAL OF LATVIA’S CENTENARY CELEBRATIONS
To strenghten the spirit of nationhood and a sense of belonging amongst the people of Latvia, and to promote collaboration and self-organization within the community.
Latvia’s Centenary celebrations has the following objectives:
- To honour the founders and commemorate events that played a key role in the creation of the State of Latvia
- To bear witness to Latvia’s values, both national and European
- To admire the beauty of nature, cultural diversity and originality
- To celebrate the talents and achievements of Latvia’s people
- To create enduring historical symbols and new artworks
- To stimulate a sense of responsibility in the community
- To involve and bring together Latvians around the globe
- To communicate Latvia as an active, responsible player in the field of building international and inter-cultural relationships
Join the biggest birthday party that you will ever have attended – Latvia’s centenary! Smile, set the table with white linen and join us to celebrate, it’s all in honour of those who have helped out during these 100 years by desiring to create and strengthen Latvia, as well as those who will do so in future.