The International Forum “Time for Children! Towards a Family Friendly Society” will take place at the premises of the National Library of Latvia in Riga from the 9th to the 10th of August, 2018. The aim of the Forum is to share ideas and experience on the most effective public support instruments in order to provide families with more favorable conditions for raising children.
General topics of the International Forum are:
- Demographical situation in Europe;
- How to strengthen a family with children as the only value which guarantees the future of the Western society?;
- Most effective instruments of family support policy in European countries, work on recommendation platform for achieving a family-friendly environment (a discussion panel for the industry ministers).;
- Discussions on possibility to review goals of the post-2020 long-term budget of the EU cohesion funds by prioritizing activities that tackle demographic challenges;
- An initiative to elaborate network of European family friendly municipalities;
- The initiative to create a European-level rebate system for families with 3 or more children - "Europe 3+ card"
The Patron of the International Forum is Mr. Māris Kučinskis, the Prime Minister of the Republic of Latvia. The host of the Forum is Mr. Kaspars Gerhards, the Minister of Environmental Protection and Regional Development of Latvia.
Created and done by: Ministry of Environmental Protection and Regional Development of Latvia
For information regarding event accessibility for people with disabilities contact the event organiser.